The international School of Advanced Studies
The Seven principles for Innovative Doctoral Training underpin our research programmes
UNICAM has instituted an International School of Advanced Studies with the objective of increasing the internationalisation of Doctoral education.
- The International School of Advanced Studies plans, organizes, coordinates the courses to achieve the title of PhD
- The Doctoral course is three years with a final thesis to be written in English, that will be defended in front of a Final Examination Board, made up of professors in the relevant scientific areas. This must include academics and other experts (e.g. from research centers or enterprises), most of whom not from the University of Camerino, and at least one non-Italian.
- In addition to the preparation of the final thesis, doctoral candidates are expected to participate in training activities organized by the SAS, all in English, to acquire transferable skills, (such as communications skills, research career development, research management and project funding, methodological skills) and doctoral training in cooperation with industry and other relevant employment sectors.
- Conducting some research in public or private laboratories external to the host University is strongly encouraged.
- To attain the final qualification there should be at least six months experience at a research or higher education Institution different from the University of Camerino and possibly not Italian.